Wedded Bliss - A Year Later

Its been awhile since I've posted an update, but finally we're home after a month of hotel living from the home repairs and mold clean up, and just getting resettled and reorganizing the home again has been rather time consuming.  We were, however, able to take a little break from all the chaos last month and celebrate our first wedding anniversary!

I'm still in disbelief - how is it an entire year has gone by? Scratch that, how is it we already have a nearly 4 month old baby?  Kinda crazy how this has all happened so fast for us. Next month will mark 3 years since we first met, 3 years since I was laid off from my job of 10 years, and 3 years since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  Throughout it all, Stephen has been my anchor.  I'm amazed so much how my life has changed.  I was so used to being independent and always the one to rescue everyone else.  I hated to ever show weakness or have to rely on anyone.  I still do, really. But in the years we've been together, especially through our first year of marriage and pregnancy, I've learned to relax a bit and enjoy being part of a team.  So many times I would freak out that I wasn't an equal player, but my husband has so lovingly put things into perspective for me and lifted so much of the burden I've carried all of my life.  He makes me feel so beautiful and loved every single day.  Even our fights are comical - the most serious arguments we have usually involve where/what to eat or him eating my leftovers!  But seeing what a sweet daddy he is with our son just makes me fall more in love with him each day.  We do have our complications and challenges; there's no such thing as perfect.  But to me at least, this is pretty damn close.  Maybe it should be no wonder to me then that I have had so many friends and relatives comment on the changes they've noticed in me.  Its like I radiate happiness, in my voice, in my entire being.  I really can't remember a time in my life when I've been this happy.  And I attribute this to my husband and son.  Love really can change you.



For starters, Stephen surprised me with this beautiful diamond and amethyst pendant.  Totally unexpected, absolutely sweet!


For our anniversary, we left the baby with my aunt and cousin and went out for some Cajun food and couples massages.  I still get separation anxiety, even if the baby is in a different room, so I couldn't bear to leave him overnight.  But even just those few hours of couple time were pure bliss.  The ability to eat a meal without my baby yelling at me mid-bite?  I'll take it!  We went to Submarine Crab on Convoy St, which is kind of like an Asian take on Cajun food with some unique twists.  This place did not disappoint. We had a Cajun fried rice, grilled scallops, a huge plate of garlic noodles, a boiled pot of snow crab, corn, & sausages, the best Cajun fries I've ever tried, and one of their unique tea & fruit drinks known as Ocean Fogs that come in a bottle with foamy dried ice.  The whole process of everything, with the work to crack the crab legs and the bibs and all, along with the joking and conversation, felt like we were in our early stages of dating again.  Simple, fun, and romantic.



By the time we were done with our massages though, I was missing our little guy too much.  I mean, just look at that face!  Deliciousness for days!


A couple days later, we celebrated our first Nowruz together as a family.  I have been too sleep deprived to do much of anything, so I didn't bother setting up a haft seen or really doing any of the new years traditions.  I did have a good spring cleaning  done and purchased some new clothes for all of us at least.  I figure next year maybe when the baby is a little bigger, if things are more settled down and our home isn't as chaotic, maybe I can cook again and invite friends over.


On that note, I think I'll end things here and see what else I can accomplish before my son wakes up for his next feeding!  4 months and still eating every 2-3 hours keeps me pretty busy but brings me plenty of joy.  Hopefully I'll be able to do another post after our upcoming 4 month checkup.  Crossing our fingers our boy has caught up in size!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fibro-huh? (Part 2, Coping with Fibromyalgia)

Dare to be weird!

Chicken with Apricots & Pomegranates (Khoreshe Anar)